Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

a weekend to celebrate

Not only is today Father's Day, but Friday was also my mother's birthday - our family has a lot to celebrate this weekend!  In other news, my dear friends celebrated their one-year wedding anniversary, and two other couples I know got married. Whew - seems like a busy weekend for everyone!


On top of all the family and friend celebrations, another huge event went down on Saturday. The Boston Bruins paraded the Stanley Cup from TD Garden to Boston Common, and I went down and joined about 1 million of my "fellow Bruins fans" to see the spectacle. No, I am not a hockey fan, but how do you pass something like this up?!



The crowd was ENORMOUS and absolutely insane! Everyone was so excited for the Bruins, and that excitement was contagious. I was convinced I'd be pretty mellow about the whole thing, but as soon as I saw that cup, I was right there cheering with everyone else.

Cheers of "We got the Cup!" and "Let's go Bruins!" rang out throughout the whole parade route. Banners and signs and fake cups lined the parade route along with rowdy but generally well-behaved fans. Although there were some climbing incidents (trees, street lamps, trash cans, even the T stop), I didn't see a single fight or arrest. Glad we could all get together to celebrate in harmony.

This weekend has worn me out - with the parade and birthdays and Father's Day, I'm wiped! Here's to a happy, relaxing Sunday before the craziness of this week starts up again. Hope you all had a lovely weekend and told your dads how much you love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment