Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

summer is shaping up

Sorry, I know it's been a while. But honestly, I just didn't have anything to say. My internship has started and is getting in full swing, so when I get home, the last thing I want to do is stare at my computer. On the days I don't have my internship, I have been relaxing, hanging out, and reading - not much time for blogging! Maybe this is a sign that my life needs to be more exciting...I'll work on that.


Anyway, my summer is starting to shape up! As I said, I have my internship to keep me busy three days a week. Not too overwhelming, but it's busy enough. This week marks two other exciting things - my mom's birthday is on Friday, and then Father's Day is Sunday! Sadly, I won't be able to celebrate with them, but hopefully I can make up for that on family vacation in a few short weeks.


Speaking of family vacation, I am finally going to experience Vegas! I can't wait and hope it's as fun as everyone says. It will be about a week of shows, good food, and hanging out with the fam - I just hope I can have one day by the pool! This Boston weather is not doing me any favors. 10 degrees in the winter, 58 degrees in the summer, or record highs of 97 with severe weather threats. Seriously, can't you figure out how to be nice?!


After I get back from Vegas, my lovely little Teresa will be in Boston for a whole month! She's studying at Harvard, and I can NOT wait for her to get here!! She's going to be my excuse to explore Harvard and find my potential Harvard husband - kidding...kind of. I am so excited to explore Boston with her and just catch up; we haven't been together in a long time, so I'm pumped for some quality bonding time!


And that brings us to August. The first weekend of August, my dear friend Jonathan comes to visit me! That weekend will include tons of good food, exploring the city, and a Red Sox/Yankees game - how exciting! Neither of us are baseball fans, but I can't wait to go experience one of the biggest rivalries in major league baseball. Then, at the end of August, I'm going to the Kenny Chesney/Zac Brown Band/Billy Currington concert at Gillette Stadium! Floor seats, sitting on the field where the Patriots will hopefully start playing again in the fall (stupid strike, get over it already!), I'm super excited. I've seen Kenny before, and it's a whole lot of fun!


Hard to believe the week after the concert, school starts again. I basically have a road map for the whole summer - it's a little strange! But I'm excited to see what happens and where the unplanned part of my summer takes me. I'll keep you updated, and promise to post again sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment