Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

i made it!

Race time: 9 hours.


After a week of cramming, teaching myself an entire semester's worth of theory in two days, and spending a total of 9 hours taking finals, I am officially 2/3rds of the way through grad school! It has been a crazy, hard, ridiculous semester, and I could not be more happy to have it be over. But that makes it real that I only have one more semester...16 or so weeks...until I am back out in the real world. Part of me can't wait, part of me wants to be done with school forever. But the other part of me has to deal with all the scary parts - where to live, what to do, will I find a job, will I like said job. I will be leaving the safety net of school and figuring things out on my own, which is exciting and terrifying all at the same time.


I've learned a lot about myself throughout this semester. I've learned which battles to fight and which to just let go. It's not worth arguing for something when you won't be able to change a person's mind. I know when to push it, and when I need to go a little easier on myself. And I'm proud of everything I've accomplished this semester, regardless of how it was received by a professor.


So I have 11 days until my surprise visit, which I could not be more excited about. In these next 11 days, I will sleep in late, go to the gym, and relax. I could not be more ready for a break - even if it will be a rainy, dreary, cold break in Boston. Never been more ready for some sunshine...


June 1st marks the next big event - the beginning of my internship. I'm excited and a little nervous; I'm hoping it'll be a good fit. But until then, I'm not even going to worry about a thing. It's time to roll with the punches and take life as it comes for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment