Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

my favorite things

In honor of my trip home next week, I am letting you in on all of my favorite summer activities or places. Most of these are near and dear to my heart, so if you ever visit Charleston, I highly suggest you check these places out!!



The first place I want to go eat when I get home is Poe's Tavern. Located on the main drive of gorgeous, historic Sullivan's Island, this place has delicious food in an awesome, beachy atmosphere. Literally, this place is steps from the beach. I am so in love with their Pit and Pendulum burger as well as their queso - really, this place is just delish! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!!


Next on the list is the beach! This is a picture of Isle of Palms, my number two beach destination. Normally I'd go to Sullivan's Island, but it's always good to mix it up a bit. I love spending long, lazy summer days with my beach chair, good friends, and beautiful ocean views. Nothing short of perfection...


Speaking of those friends, these are some of my favorite summer beach pictures with my dear friends, Jonathan and Chrissy. This was the summer after our freshman year of college (yikes - long time ago!), but it was honestly one of my favorite days of all time. I can't wait to see them and all of my other dear friends - I miss them SO much!!


And last but not least, the reason I'm going home - my family. It's my dad's 60th birthday, and we're throwing him a surprise party (shhhhh....don't tell anyone either of those secrets!!). I miss my family so much - it's been months since I've seen them. I can't wait to spend a week with them in my beautiful hometown.

I'll let you in on more Charleston secrets when I get back, but for now, I'm going to try to enjoy my lazy, rainy, gray day here in Boston. Not nearly as fun as the warm, sunny South!

No comments:

Post a Comment